Learn some new tricks in Microsoft Excel!
To summarize your Excel data without using formulas:
- Sort the data by what you would like to subtotal
- Go to the Data tab
- On the right of the ribbon, click Subtotal in the Outline group.
- Choose the field you’d like to subtotal by (the Sorted Column)
- Select the Function that you would like to use
- Select the Column in which you would like to add/average, etc.
- Click OK
To print gridlines vs. applying borders to the whole sheet:
- Go to the Page Layout tab
- In the Sheet Options group, select Print in the Gridlines section
Need to change the arrangement of your data from a vertical to a horizontal layout or vice-versa? Try using the Transpose feature when you paste.
- Select the data to be copied
- Press Ctl+C or Copy using any method you prefer
- Click on the first cell of the range where you want to display the data
- Choose the bottom half of the Paste button on the Home tab
Choose Transpose from the options displayed.